A short course for English language learners
The course is helpful if you are studying the English language. Can you find a better topic to talk about than food? Food is a great conversation starter. Language is the most direct connection to other cultures. Being able to communicate in another language exposes us to and fosters an appreciation for the traditions, religions, arts, and history of the people associated with that language.
Culinary terms are not just a chef’s game. The vocabulary that is thrown around the kitchen has a purpose. It is important that everyone is talking the same language to speed things up and make sure everyone stays safe.
This course is interactive with a native American English Instructor. It is important to learn a language with a native who will teach you proper pronunciation and intonation while you are on your journey to speaking fluent English
· 20+ interactive lessons
· 20+ fun activities and video lessons
· 20+ instructor recorded videos
· Graded assignments with feedback
In this course you will learn:
· common kitchen and cooking vocabulary
· how to read, plus describe food and a recipe
· how to say and properly pronounce the name of food, drinks, appliances, cooking utensils, and more in English...
· ordering at a restaurant
· fast food and take out
· food measurements and portions
· taste and texture
· cooking appliances and utensils
Note: You will need an intermediate understanding of the English language. This course is not for beginners.
Language of instruction: English