Conduct everyday English conversations with confidence. This course will help you speak better English in your daily life — whether you’re traveling around the United States, working with American colleagues, or socializing with Americans.
This course requires students to have intermediate to advanced knowledge of the English language.
· 25+ interactive one on one lessons with a native English instructor.
· Graded practice lessons with feedback. The best way to learn a foreign language is to speak it.
· 325 American English idioms and expressions in which you will find very useful for daily life.
· Each lesson has a “Language Lens” section, exploring a grammar point or structure. These points have been selected because they are tricky for non-native speakers.
· Quizzes in each lesson let you test your new knowledge of both the idioms and of the Language Lens content.
· Loads of fun and role play takes learning to a new level.
While speaking practice does not develop your vocabulary or grammar, it does offer a few important benefits:
1. It helps improve your fluency (moves your knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation from your "slow memory" to your "quick memory", however first you must put something in your "slow memory" through input).
2. Communicating in a foreign language is quite exciting and motivates you to keep learning.
3. It helps expose gaps in your vocabulary and grammar (shows you what you don't know and encourages you to look it up.
Taking this course will put you on the path to more fluent American English. With your new language skills, new doors will open for you. I know you will have fun and enjoy this course as we venture through our journey Speaking English Around Town.
Language of instruction: English